Christ the Teacher Catholic Schools is inviting applications for the position of Principal at St. Henry’s Jr. School in Melville. Duties will commence at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year.
St. Henry’s Jr. School is a dual track English / French Immersion school offering Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 programming.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- demonstrated a strong commitment to the Catholic Faith and Catholic Education;
- successful teaching and administrative experience;
- a student focused, servant-leadership orientation;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- the ability to create and work effectively in a collaborative environment;
- demonstrated skills and abilities in directing the school improvement process toward the achievement of division and school goals;
- demonstrated skills in using assessment to improve student learning; and
- demonstrated an ongoing commitment to continuous personal and professional growth.
Graduate classes in educational administration or a related area would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate must be a practising Catholic active in her/his personal faith formation. Candidates are asked to forward a resume with the names of three references (including a pastoral reference) and a brief statement of their educational philosophy.
Applications will be accepted until 1:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates can apply online through the Division website at:
or by submitting applications to:
While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.