2019 – 2020 School Year Calendar Approved
A calendar committee comprised of representatives from Christ the Teacher Catholic School Division, Christ the Teacher Teachers’ Association, Good Spirit School Division, and Good Spirit Teachers’ Association developed the calendar option below for the 2019 – 2020 school year. Following an online survey , the committee reviewed the results and presented it to their respective Boards of Education. The Ministry of Education provided feedback on the calendar presented. At the April 15, 2019 Board Meeting, the calendar was approved.
Draft Calendar Requirements:
- The Saskatchewan Education Act requires the following:
- A minimum of 950 hours of instructional time per year (Gr. 1-12);
- Post Labour Day start time;
- Six weeks of summer vacation;
- Christmas break that begins no later than December 23 and ends no earlier than January 2;
- A Spring break with no more than 5 consecutive days.