A calendar committee comprised of representatives from Good Spirit School Division, Good Spirit Teachers’ Association, Christ the Teacher Catholic School Division, and Christ the Teacher Teachers’ Association developed two calendar options for the 2018-2019 school year. Following this online survey (February 1 through February 22), the committee will reconvene to review the results, confirm the preferred calendar, and present it to their respective Boards of Education. The Ministry of Education will provide final approval on the calendar presented.
To complete the Calendar Survey, please link to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VWG9V82
- The Saskatchewan Education Act requires the following:
- A minimum of 950 hours of instructional time per year;
- Post Labour Day student start time;
- Six weeks of summer vacation;
- Christmas break that begins no later than December 23 and ends not sooner than January 2;
- A Spring break with no more than 5 consecutive days.
- Ministry of Education Provincial Examinations – January 23, 24, 25, 28; June 20, 24, 25, 26.
- Both calendar options consist of 197 days (185 instructional and 12 non-instructional days).
- Instructional days are 310 minutes of instruction per day.
- As in the past, schools will have the opportunity to work with their local school communities to determine specific Student-Led Conference times and formats.
|Option 1||Option 2|
|Total # Days||197||197|
|Total Hours in Calendar||1016||1016|
|Minutes per Instructional Day||310||310|
|Minutes per Non-Instructional Day||300||300|
|# August/Sept Non-Instructional Days||4||5|
|Opening Day of classes||September 4||September 4|
|Inservice Days||October, November, & May “tied” to long weekends||October & May “tied” to long weekends|
|Christmas Break||December 21 – January 2||December 24 – January 4|
(Departmental exams scheduled between Jan. 23-28 inclusive)
|Tuesday, January 29||Tuesday, January 29|
|Semester 1||92 instructional
|February Break||February 18-22||February 18-22|
|Easter Break||April 19-26||April 15-22|
|June Departmental exams scheduled between June 20-26 (excluding June 21)|